University of California, Santa Cruz
Post Doctoral Fellow/Counseling and Psychological Services
Counseling and Psysh Services
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at the University of California at Santa Cruz is pleased to offer 2 Postdoctoral Fellowship positions for the 2012-2013 academic year. The positions are 12 month full-time, with a start date in mid-August. Salary is $32,200 with benefits.
Under supervision of licensed psychologists, the postdoctoral fellow will conduct brief individual therapy, crisis intervention, case management, and group therapy for university students. The fellow will also be involved in providing outreach and consultation services to the university. The fellow will attend regularly scheduled Clinical Case Conferences and CAPS staff meetings. Candidates should have an interest in and knowledge of the developmental tasks facing college students, interest in working with diverse university students, and interest and expertise in brief therapy and crisis intervention.
MAJOR DUTIES AND TASKS
Clinical Duties and Tasks: 70% time.
1. Brief therapy with students presenting with both developmental issues and more severe clinical presentations.
2. Crisis intervention, case management, and referral.
3. Group therapy.
4. Phone triage
5. Provide consultation and outreach to campus community
Administrative Duties: 30% time
1. Keep clinical records and case notes in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
2. Participate in clinical staff meetings and committee work.
3. Receive training and supervision in accordance with state licensure regulations.
4. Consultation and outreach with college staff
5. Promotes a safe and healthy workplace and effectively responds to injuries that do occur
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATES
Candidates must have completed a doctoral degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology and completed a pre-doctoral internship. Expertise in brief therapy and crisis intervention required. Candidates must possess skills working with a diverse population. Experience working with college students preferred.
STIPEND AND BENEFITS
• A salary of $32,200 for the 12 month appointment
• University health and life insurance
• Paid University holidays and two weeks paid leave
• Office with computer, voicemail, e-mail and Internet access
Interested candidates must apply online for the position, and applications must include:
• Curriculum vita
• Letter of interest, outlining interest in working with diverse university students, experience and skills in providing brief therapy and crisis intervention
• 3 letters of recommendation from clinical supervisors
• Online application from http://jobs.uscs.edu/jobpostings/
To apply, please visit our Staff Human Resources Website at http://jobs.ucsc.edu/jobpostings/ to obtain the specific job posting and instructions. You must apply for this job, #1203503 Postdoctoral Fellow, on-line. To guarantee that your materials will be reviewed, your application must be received by February 9, 2012 Letters of recommendation may be attached on line, or may be submitted under separate cover through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but also must be received by February 9, 2012 for full consideration. Please ask your references to clearly mark their letters with the job #1203503 and the name of the applicant at the top of the letter