Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa
Glenn Curtiss, PhD
Director of Psychology Training
13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Applications due: February 15
Complete brochure [link]
The Rehabilitation Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa is not yet accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association. An application for accreditation is in process, and a site visit is expected in 2012.
Application and Selection Procedures
1. United States citizen.
2. Obtained a doctoral degree in psychology from an APA-accredited doctoral program.
3. Completed an APA-accredited psychology internship.
1. Letter of application outlining specific training goals and long term professional goals, and how these goals fit our particular training program.
2. Detailed vita or resume describing background, training and experience, a description of internship, and other scholarly activity and research.
3. A offical copy of all graduate transcripts.
4. Three letters of recommendation. At least one of these must be from an internship supervisor.
5. A letter (fax or E-mail is acceptable) sent from the internship Training Director that an APA-accredited internship will be completed before September 1.
6. A letter (fax or E-mail is acceptable) sent from the APA-accredited graduate program Training Director that the Ph.D./Psy.D. has been awarded or that all degree requirements will be completed before September 1.
Application deadline is February 15. Earlier submissions are encouraged. The application materials will be reviewed by the Training Director and Assistant Training Director for completion. A selection committee composed of postdoctoral rotation supervisors will review and rank order all completed applications. At that point, the top candidates will be offered interviews (either in person or by telephone, applicant’s choice). Those applicants attending the Rehabilitation Psychology Conference who wish to arrange an interview during that meeting may do so by contacting the Assistant Director of Rehabilitation Psychology Training at the below email address prior to the meeting. We expect to extend offers in mid-March. We strongly encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups. The Federal Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer.