UCSD Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is announcing post-doctoral fellowship opportunities for 2012-2013. The Fellowship is a 12 month, full-time position. The stipend is $40,000 plus university benefits. The Fellowship begins August 20, 2012 and ends August 19, 2013. The Fellowship provides advanced clinical training and involves supervised experience working as an integral member of a team of clinicians serving almost 30,000 diverse undergraduate and graduate students. Responsibilities include, provision of short-term counseling/psychotherapy, group therapy, intake and assessment, and crisis and urgent care. Additional responsibilities include outreach delivery and consultation. Fellows will also participate in a specialized rotation which will be assigned based on demonstrated interest and experience in these areas. Rotations may include but are not limited to, specific outreach and work with underrepresented students, behavioral medicine, wellness, and urgent care management.
The optimal candidate will possess the following: demonstrated interest and experience working with diverse multicultural, university populations, strong clinical and crisis management skills, outreach delivery experience, organizational skills, basic computer skills, and excellent communication and written skills.
Applicants must have completed an APA-accredited internship and to have completed all requirements for the doctoral degree by the start of the Fellowship. After selection, a background check is conducted that verifies that candidates have no criminal or other record that would preclude employment in the University's judgment. Fellows will also need to provide an official transcript on their first day of work. Formal hiring is contingent on these requirements.
• Cover letter indicating your specific interest in UCSD Counseling and Psychological Services
• Curriculum vita including date doctoral degree will be conferred.
• Three letters of recommendation from individuals who have direct knowledge of your work. One letter must be from your internship training director.
Application materials should be submitted electronically to:
Noemi Aguilar (firstname.lastname@example.org) – CAPS Administrative Assistant
In subject line please include: CAPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Application – Your Name
• Application deadline is January 6, 2012 (Applications will not be accepted after this date)
• Finalists invited for phone interviews will be by notified starting January 30, 2012
• Phone interviews will be conducted during early February.
• UCSD CAPS will use the Uniform Notification Date on March 14, 2012
Cristina Castro, Ph.D.
Counseling and Psychological Services
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0304
La Jolla, CA 92093
Positions are dependent on funding