JOB ID # 26844 (Position #: 13080) at the Forensic Division, NMBHI
Salary: The salary range for this position is $16.37 min $29.10 max hourly. (Pay Band 70). The salary will be determined based on the applicant's education and experience.
Agency Mission & Description: The mission of the New Mexico Department of Health is to promote health and sound health policy, prevent disease and disability, improve health services systems and assure that essential public health functions and safety net services are available to New Mexicans.
The Department will succeed in its mission by committing to and practicing these guiding principles every day:
- Integrity that Builds Trust
- Open & Respectful Communication
- Consistent & Compassionate Service
- Teamwork that Values Individuals
- Pride in Leadership
- Continuous Learning that Fosters Ongoing Improvement
- Purpose of Position
- Prepare and complete timely Forensic evaluations ordered by the District Courts in New Mexico. Provide necessary treatment for each patient assigned to my caseload to attain a state of competency.
FORENSIC DEPARTMENT. Shift 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Educational requirements: A Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology is required for this position.
Please enter your education level on the Education and Work Experience page of the application even when submitting a resume.Experience
- Three (3) years experience in the practice of Clinical Psychology, of which one (1) year must be in the practice of Psychology working in a Forensic or Correctional setting is required for this position.
- Employment Requirements
- Licensure in Psychology or licensure eligible in the State of New Mexico within eighteen (18) months of employment. Must successfully complete a post offer pre-employment physical and criminal records background check. Employment is conditional pending results of criminal background check. Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License. May be required to work weekends, holidays, overtime and call back hours as needed. Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 lbs.
- Statutory Citation
- Must possess a current license to practice Psychology in New Mexico in accordance with New Mexico requirements. All applicants for this position must be licensed in accordance with the Professional Psychologist Act, Sections 61-9-1 through 61-9-19 NMSA 1978, and 16.22.1 through 16.22.29 NMAC.
To Apply for this job: State agency must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Go to the following site, browse government jobs and search JOB ID# 26844, or position number "13080": http://www.spo.state.nm.us/jobseek.html
1. Click the [Apply Now] button.
2. Please apply immediately. The job posting may close at any time
3. Cutting and pasting a resume works best. You may also apply by completing the Work Experience section.
4. There are a series of questions that are different for every job. In order to receive full consideration for all your qualifications, be sure to answer all questions (do not skip any).
5. If you are a veteran or a disabled veteran, be sure to send your DD214 to: NM State Personnel Office, Applicant/Intake Section, 2600 Cerrillos Road, P. O. Box 26127, Santa Fe, NM 87505. If you receive confirmation of your veteran or disabled veteran status, please reapply for the position and indicate that you received confirmation. You will only need to submit your documents one time.
6. Remember there is no hard copy application. If you submit a resume directly to an agency and don't apply on-line, your application will not include the questionnaire answers for inclusion on the ranked list.
Agency contact for this position is: Ricky Vigil (505) 454-2111. If you do not receive an email confirmation that you have applied successfully, please call the contact for this posting or the SPO Recruitment Bureau at (505)476-7777.